Anika's mom, Monika, and I attended the Team Mgr & Game Day Coordinator training this past Saturday. A couple pass-alongs for everyone. Apologies for the long email / message, but appreciate your attention. Also, I am using multiple methods of contact for now to reach everyone while we get into a rhythm of communication.
- Monika is working with a veteran parent in the league to arrange for a parent training in an upcoming Thursday practice session to train the parents on our team for volunteer roles that need to be filled for all games. IE so when you sign up for volunteer spots, you know how to do your role. Be on the lookout for Monika to send out that date/time. We figure hosting it during practice is the most convenient for most (vs. an alternative completely separate day and time); Volunteer policy and positions are attached for your reference. Every family should contribute ~ 10 hrs of volunteering to the team, but fear not, there are lots of opportunities to help and this is somewhat subjective. Help Pat and Juan with practice, sign up for game day jobs when Monika sends the SignUpGenius, or see below for more opportunities. Everyone will get their deposits back, we are confident.
- Save the Date - March 8 @ Patelco in Pleasanton, time TBD - Play Day: This is an event for girls to get the hang of playing a couple short games and for referee training. Stay tuned for game time on this.
- The app is not working properly, they advised we not rely on it solely. Please use the Raptors website for communications, scheduling, etc. We can also use this email thread / mailing list and I'll get a group text thread going.
- The game schedule is posted on the NCJLA website
and will be pushed to our Raptors website soon. It's still tentative but "mostly finalized" - use it for directional guidance until it's pushed to our Raptors website schedule
- There are some optional things we can implement on our team - can you please quickly take this survey
so we can decide as a majority whether to do game snacks and team t-shirts? And for me to figure out if you prefer email, text or both for comms.
- If anyone dabbles in photography and has interest in being our team photographer, this is a volunteer position we are looking to fill. Pictures from practices and games to share with the team. Please let me know.
- If your jersey number is not showing up on the website roster
, please send it to me if you have it / when your jersey arrives.
- May 9 is the league end of season party - save the date. We need a parent volunteer to be our liaison for this (we'll have a booth/area at the larger celebration to host our own team's celebration), and to be our "team spirit builder" to plan team social events (ie after game ice cream meet up, occasional pizza meet up, etc. just a few times throughout the season); if you are interested, please let me know.
Thanks! Please do not hesitate to ask questions!
Gina (Gemma's mom)