Raptor Lacrosse 2021 Season Information
Waitlist Registration opens October 19th and closes November 30th
At this time all players are being added to a waitlist. All players will be accepted should we be able to proceed with our Raptor's season. Payment will be due at that time. We will continue to follow CDC and County guidelines to make decisions regarding the upcoming season
Age groups for the 2021 Spring Season
14U (14 and under): Age 13 or 14 (born between 9/1/2006-8/31/2008)
12U (12 and under): Age 11 or 12 (born between 9/1/2008-8/31/2010)
10U (10 and under): Age 9 or 10 (born between 9/1/2010-8/31/2012)
8U (8 and under): Age 7 or 8 (born between 9/1/2012-8/31/2014)
DO NOT WAIT TO WAITLIST YOUR PLAYER. OPENINGS ARE LIMITED.
All players: US Lacrosse membership $30, payable directly to US Lacrosse. US Lacrosse membership is required because it offers insurance coverage protecting the program in the event of a serious injury to one of its players while playing in the program.
Uniforms 8U-14U (top & bottom)
- Girls: $88
- Boys: $88
- All uniforms will be ordered online through Sling It! Lacrosse in Danville
- Players 8U = $375
- Players 10U, 12U & 14U = $500
- Payment plan available. Full payment due once players are moved off the waitlist.
Registration covers field rentals, referees, coaches’ training, field equipment and club administrative costs. Raptor Lacrosse is run by volunteer parents who love this sport. We think you will love it too!
Volunteer Commitment Deposit: Raptor Lacrosse is an ALL volunteer-run organization and functions only through the efforts of our member/parent volunteers. A $400 volunteer deposit is normally required from each family. Due to COVID-19 this may change as we use CDC and County guidelines to shape our volunteer needs/requirements.
Lacrosse Equipment (required for practices and games):
Girls: stick, mouth guard, cleats, and protective eye goggles. Approximate cost is $85.00 - $100.00
Boys: helmet (Raptor black w/ decals available @ Sling It Lacrosse), chest pads, elbow pads, gloves, mouth guard, stick, protective cup, and cleats. Approximate cost is $225.00
Where to buy gear: Sling It Lacrosse in Danville has prepared a Raptor starter package. The link is in the registration or you may go to the store. Gear can also be purchased at Dick's Sporting Goods or Sports Basement. Also, resale gear is posted on our website under GEAR SWAP/SHOP/EXCHANGE
- Early February through May
- Pre-season practices start in February with 2-3 practices per week
- Once games begin (February for boys and March for girls), practices drop to twice per week and are 60-90 minutes based on the age level
- Games are Friday evening, Saturday and/or Sunday, with schedules announced by NCJLA in early February
- Teams play 10 to 18 games per season depending on age level
- Games last 60-90 minutes based on age level
- Most 12U & 14U games are within one hour's drive time from San Ramon. 8U & 10U stay primarily in the 680 corridor
- Mandatory Parent & Coaches meeting: January 13, 2021. Time and location TBA, but will be virtual.
Practice and Home Game Fields
- Practices: Tiffany Roberts Turf Field and Windemere Ranch MS (subject to change). Practice days/times/locations will be announced in January after the city has given us our allotted field time and the coaches have chosen their slots. We will not have any information before then.
- Home Games: Tiffany Roberts Turf Field, Rancho San Ramon Turf Field and Windemere Ranch MS (subject to change)
Lacrosse is a contact sport, but not an impact sport
- Girls: ages 8U – 12U NO contact or checking; 14U stick check only
- Boys: age 8U light contact; age 10U stick check only; age 12U body & stick check; age 14U full contact
Due to the delay in collecting payments and the costs that the club will immediately incur upon official player registration, there will be no refunds this season with the exception of season cancellation due to COVID-19. If our Raptor’s season is cut short or cancelled due to CDC, State, or County restrictions the amount refunded will depend on the length of the season remaining and non-refundable fees incurred by the club.
Additional questions can be directed to email@example.com